FACTS & FIGURES
Founded in 1995
China Agricultural University was originated from Agricultural University of Peking Imperial University founded in 1905. In September 1949, three Agricultural Colleges of Peking University, Tsinghua University and North China University merged into Beijing Agricultural University. In October 1985, it was renamed Beijing Agricultural Engineering University. In September 1995, Beijing Agricultural University and Beijing Agricultural Engineering University merged to establish China Agricultural University (CAU).
The CAU has developed into a research university with characteristic agronomy, life sciences, agricultural engineering, and food science.
The CAU has 18 colleges in total. There are 1,679 full-time teachers, including 620 professors (including researchers), 855 associate professors (including associate researchers), 5 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and 7 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
The CAU has 11,503 full-time undergraduates and 7,780 full-time postgraduates, including 4,486 full-time postgraduates and 3,294 full-time doctoral candidates, as well as 233 post-doctoral researchers.
The CAU has formed "One Belt and One Road" Agricultural Cooperation College and China South-South Agricultural Cooperation College, and has established friendly cooperative relations with the 231 universities and research institutes in 43 countries and regions, including the United States, Russia, Kazakhstan, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Tanzania and so on.
The CAU also carries out various joint undergraduate-training programs on the premise of mutual recognition of credits with some famous foreign universities, such as Cornell University, University of California-Davis, University of Maryland, Colorado State University, and Purdue University in the United States, and the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom.